Route & parking
Until 7.30 pm you have to pay for parking around the canal. You can also use the car park on the Haagweg. From here you can use a free shuttle bus to Visbrasserie de Poort. The parking lot at the Haagweg is open all week from 6 am to 2 am. You can also use the parking garage of the Albert Heijn located on the Ing. Driessenstraat. A 7-minute walk from De Poort.
Note: Parking in the area behind De Poort is only for permit holders.
Directions to Visbrasserie De Poort, Haven 100 Leiden
- Drive along the A4 in the direction of Schiphol Airport – Rotterdam
- Drive underneath the ‘Schiphol Tunnel’, direction Rotterdam A4
- Follow the A4-A44 junction, direction Rotterdam, A4- Leiden Center
- Drive under the ‘Ringvaart Aqueduct’ and take after 8 km. the exit Leiden Noord no. 6
- At the end of the exit, turn right towards Leiden
- After 1700 m, turn left at the roundabout towards Leiden
- At the roundabout (with tractor and cows in the middle) go straight ahead
- Over the bridge after 700 m. the second traffic lights left
- At the flat with yellow tiles, go on the Kooilaan
- Keep going straight ahead and arriving at the water, turn left, onto the Herensingel
- After 100 meters on the right, Brasserie de Poort with clock tower and clockwork is located on the other side of the water (De Zijlpoortsbrug in front of the gate is accessible only for pedestrians and cyclists)
This route is from Rotterdam – The Hague
Via the A4 and exit 6 Leiden Noord is the easiest to drive, via the A44 you go through the entire city
There are 2 easily accessible parking options for guests of Brasserie De Poort:
Albert Heijn parking lot
At the Ing. Driessenstraat. A 7 minute walk from De Poort.
Parking garage open: 24 hours a day, drive in until 11 pm
On the edge of the city. Free transport to and from De Poort.
Open all week from 6 am to 2 am
Public transport from Leiden Central (Leiden CS)
Bus about 8 minutes by bus
Bus 6 direction Leiderdorp, get out Kooipark, approx. 2 min. walk
Bus 56 Direction Leimuiden, get out Kooipark, approx. 2 min. walk
Bus 169 direction Alphen a / d Rijn, exit Kraaierstraat, approx. 12 min walk
Bus 182 direction Alphen a / d Rijn, exit Kraaierstraat, approx. 12 min walk
Bus 187 direction Alphen a / d Rijn, exit Kraaierstraat, approx. 12 min walk
Cab; Taxi stand can be found on the front (left) of Leiden CS